Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Little Girl in the Window

Hi everyone!

Here is a card I made this weekend with a stamp set that Pam let me borrow to make a card. She wanted to see what I could come up with, I was thinking along these same lines when I came across this card somewhere about 2 months ago. I saved the picture but forgot to add where I saw it & it doesn't have a watermark on it so I can't give that person credit for inspiring me with his or her card design. If you know who it is or if it's yours please let me know so that I can give that person the credit. I do have another idea in my head but it will have to wait till after the holidays. I will have to stamp 3 or 4 of these images so that I can work on it at a later date. I have too much to do before Christmas so experimenting will have to wait. I cut up all the clear packaging that the nesties come in because ya never know when you might need a piece of clear plastic & it sure came in handy for the window! I just saw that Gina K saves all her Kleenex boxes to cut up & use to make embellishments or backgrounds on some of her cards. How neat is that, you all know how pretty those boxes are getting, so that's a great idea! I think I'll be saving & cutting the boxes from now on! How about you, do you recycle anything to use on your projects?

We ended up canceling our dinner date with my friends, something came up & it was just as well for me because I'm still not feeling well & I wouldn't have been able to taste my food. I ended up meeting Pam (hi Pam!) at one of the local malls so I could pick up my SU orders & I placed a really big order with her yesterday. I have a project that I want to do by Thanksgiving, I'm not sure if I can get it done as fast as I would like but if not then I will have the supplies to do it for next year. The night time is really bad for me, the coughing fits are taking a lot out of me & I'm taking some cough syrup for the cough & congestion. I sure do hope it goes away soon, the days are fine but the nights are another story, once I finally stop coughing I can get to sleep with no problem but it takes awhile.

Well that's all for now so thanks for stopping by & spending a little time here with me today, I really appreciate your company! Have a great day & stay warm!!!




Card details

CS: White
DP: DCWV 12x12 Christmas stack
Stamps: SU Hostess set Window Dressing
Ink: SU Not Quite Navy, Real Red & Bic Mark-it markers
Accessories: Waterfall punch, ribbon, Swarovski Crystals, snowflake brad, CM Navy pen for stitches & clear plastic from a nestie package for the window


9 comments:

Catherine said...

very cute, Rita :)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is so cute! I love it! How awesome for you to stop by my blog and leave a comment! I haven't been by for a while, and I apologize for that! There's not enough time in the day, is there? I hope you're feeling better!!

Elena said...

Sorry to hear that you still don't feel good... Hope you will feel better soon!
Your card is so cute! Very sweet little girl!

Maria said...

Such a cute card, Rita!! I love how the girl is looking out the window. . .sort of wishing for something!

Great idea to save the Kleenex boxes. I save a lot cardboardsrs from packaging and such. They make for great chipboard punches.

I'm sorry that you're sick! I hope you are feeling better soon!!

Maria

JustNeedling said...

Beautiful card! I have this set and don't know what to do with it. You inspire me to go make a card with this set.

Deborah said...

I I hope you kick this darn thing very soon! Sorry! I adore the girl in the window card! You colored her so nicely sweetie! I had always wanted it but I guess it is a SU! hostess set! Bummer! So Christmas early? Can't wait to see all the SU! goods you got! You are going bonkers with all of your goodies! He he! Hugs, Deb

Risa said...

Awwwwwww...your card is super cute Rita! I love everything about it and what an adorable image!!
There seems to be a nasty type cold virus going around Rita and its bad! I'm sorry that you still aren't feeling well. Take care and I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you.
Hugs
Risa:)

twinkle teaches said...

Oh my gosh! That is too cute!
tina

Maria said...

I actually commented on this post yesterday but for some reason it wouldn't accept my comment! I'll try again and see if it post!

Such a cute card, Rita! I love how the little girl is looking out the window. The image eminds me of the "Madeline" books.

I'm sorry that you had to cancel your dinner date! I hope you feel better soon!

Maria