Saturday, July 31, 2010

Anniversary Card

Hi everyone!

Well the weather is going to be beautiful this weekend with no humidity...I'm so happy about that because I turn into a wild bear when it's hot & humid, it drains all my energy & I get cranky. I hate it. Although right now it's cloudy here & it's 10 am but I assume that will change later, we can only hope.

This card I made for Jessica & Steve's anniversary...can you believe it's been 2 years already? Time sure does go by fast!!! I'm not real happy with the way I colored this one. It's the first time I inked this stamp & although it's one of my favorites, I need to perfect coloring the petals. I'm not happy with the way I colored them on this card, I should have defined them a little more, maybe shading to define the petals more will work for me...oh well I'll have to play with it before I do another card. That embossing folder is one of my favorites, I love it & it's really perfect on masculine cards.

That's it for today folks. Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your day!


Card details

CS: PTI Vintage Cream & SU Pixie Pink
Stamps: SU Inspired by Nature & Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Stazon Timber Brown, SU markers in Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion & Certainly Celery
Accessories: Brown pearls, dazzling diamonds, CB embossing folder "Forest Branches" & dimensionals



5 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Oh wow...loving this! I haven't used this stamp in forever and you are making me want to!

arlene said...

Beautiful card-love the cuttlebug background.

Ree Donnelly said...

Rita, that is a VERY pretty card... I don't know why you aren't happy with it! Gorgeous!!

Yeah, thank goodness for that great, low-humidity weather...aaah!

Teri said...

Ooh, what a pretty anniversary card for Steve and Jessica. Two years already? gee, time really does fly! I love that embossing folder you used and I never bought this stamp set, it is really pretty, esp. in pink!!

Elena said...

I love how this card turned out! Love the embossed background and sparkles you added to the gorgeous flowers!