Friday, June 6, 2008

Last Father's Day Card

Hi everyone,

Well it looks like we will be putting our AC in our bedroom window tomorrow, it is supposed to be in the low 90's here for a few days! I know what crazy weather we have here in New England, today it's like in the low 60's & tomorrow heat wave, ugh!!! The other AC's that we put in the Den & my craft room will have to wait til I clean the windows & put up the curtains, so you know I will be working on the upstairs bathroom today so that I can get to those rooms ASAP! Hehehe!!! I guess that's one way to get me to move my butt! I need AC when it gets that hot!


Anyway I needed to post this so that I can get to work on cleaning today! I finally used some stamps that I purchased a long time ago specifically for Father's Day. I have so many stamps that I have purchased awhile ago & just have not had the time to play with yet due to the shower & wedding taking up all of my time. So after the wedding I will be stamping up a storm so I can play with them all, I can't wait! So here is the last card for Father's day. I had this card in mind for my son's girlfriend Sarah to give to her Dad, he plays golf & my son goes with him sometimes (this stamp will be used sometime in the future to make a card for him whenever he has kids). I got this card design from a picture in the TAC catalog, I loved it & knew I wanted to make one like it.

That's it for today ladies so have a great weekend & stay cool! Thanks for stopping by today!



Card details

CS: PTI White, Bordering Blue & Night of Navy
DP: Tac Just like Dad paper pack
Stamps: Tac
Ink: Brilliance Graphite, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen (for distressed edges)& Prisma pencils with OMS
Accessories: Copper brads, White Detail EP for sentiment


8 comments:

Gina Wrona said...

Rita,

Great Card, love the plaid!

((hugs))
Gina

Alhambra Club said...

this is a great card, love the argyle paper, perfect for the golfer. Have a great weekend and stay cool

Carolyn King said...

what a great fathers day card...I LOVE those stamps...the dp is PERFECT for the golfer card too!

Enjoy your air conditioning!

Maria said...

Another perfect image for father's day, Rita! YOu are doing fabulous with the masculine cards. . .

The colors are perfect for the theme! Great paper too!

Maria

Deborah said...

Wonderful card Rita! Love the layout, I need to get one of those CC cattie's! Stay air cooled! Have a good one! Hugs, Deb

Allison Rankin said...

Super card Rita...nice mix with the DP!

Little C's Creations said...

very nice!!! I love all the TAC products you've used here.

hugs,
Jen

Mary said...

Rita, I love this Father's Day card! The stamp set makes a wonderful masculine card. Like you,

I am trying very hard to use up all of the new stamp sets that I have purchased. Ha! That should keep me busy. Your doig great with all that you have going on.

Stay cool. :)

Mary