Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cupcake anyone???

Hi everyone!

My card today was made for a sweet dear friend of mine who also celebrates her birthday with me today & I sent her this card. I have two more friends (all from work) who share my birthday & those cards I will share in the coming days. I saw a card at Michael's in the dollar section & thought if I cut the size down I can make this so I bought it & took it apart to get the shape & it took me awhile & a few tries to get the size I wanted to fit my card base but finally got it right & this was the end result. Don't know if I will ever make another one though.

Well I had a fantastic day yesterday with my kids & hubby. We had a light lunch here at my house, then played some cards & then we were off to Boston to celebrate my birthday by going to a great Italian Restaurant called Limoncello's. The food was great & I think the kids & our waiter were trying to get me drunk...I had 2 glasses of wine & a shot of Limoncello (boy that stuff is great!!!). I was feeling good (it doesn't take much for me) but I was not drunk. Then the waiter & owner came over with a cake that the kids ordered ahead & sang Happy birthday. After dinner they took me to The Improv Asylum & that was FANTASTIC, I loved it! We laughed so much!!! I hated to have the evening end...Thanks so much kids & to my sweet dear hubby for making my 60th birthday memorial! I love you so much....BIG KISSES for you all!!!

That's it for now people, thanks for stopping by today!



Card details

CS: SU Pacific Point, Real Red, PTI Kraft & White
Ink: PTI Perfect Match Dark Chocolate
Stamps: HB Village Art Press & SU Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Accessories: Dew Drops, Dazzling Diamonds, Crimper for the bottom of cupcake, I made a Cupcake template from a card I got in the $ section of Michaels, I just had to adjust the measurements to fit my card base.



5 comments:

Sally said...

Happy Birthday! Great card!

Diane said...

Such a great lookin' cupcake!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RITA!!!!! Hope you had a wonderful one!!!
Hugs,Diane

Risa said...

Happy Birthday Rita!!! I'm so glad that you had a beautiful time sharing your day with your family. I can tell that you enjoyed every minute of your day!
Your cupcake card is quite unique and very pretty! I love the way the cupcake nestles into the card and the gems are super cute!
hugs
Risa:)

Gina Wrona said...

OMG, how cute is that? I LOVE IT! Definately have to case it one of these days for sure!

Luv ya Bunches!
Gina

Elena said...

This card is so cute! I love the dew drops you added!
So glad that you had a wonderful birthday celebration! :)