Friday, July 13, 2007

35th Wedding Anniversary Party

Well as promised I am posting my 35th wedding anniversary album. I still can't believe my kids pulled this party off without so much as a slip from anybody. WOW!!! These people can sure keep a secret. Jessica & Marc told us they had been planning this party since January. I was expecting a nice dinner in a Boston restaurant (he wouldn't tell us where)& Marc said he had someplace special to take us, so knowing how much I love comedy clubs - I thought the kids were taking us to a comedy club for a surprise after dinner. Marc said we had to stop off at this club/restaurant first to pick up Jessica & her Fiance Steve (they were having drinks with his parents). This is the place where we had Jessica's engagement party, but she had set this up a few months ago by saying that her & Steve go there for drinks sometimes "cause their cheap", so I didn't think anything of it till we got to the parking lot & I thought I saw my brother-in-laws truck. That's when it clicked! Dah!!
We had a great time, they found our wedding song & played it for us to dance to and they had us play the newlywed game to see how much we knew each other after 35 years (& we sure do know one another). One of the questions was "What was the best gift that mom ever gave you Dad"? His answer - are you ready??? Marc & Jessica, how great is that!!! I got it wrong (the only one I might add). We just had to take a picture of that card with his answer. Then Marc put together a slide show with pics of us dating, wedding, etc, to present day. He honored us with what great parents we were & how they hope that they have a marriage as great as ours someday, oh my, how that brought us to tears. We were so happy to share the evening with such great family & friends.

Well tonight I'm off to a friends house for some scrapping. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, hope you enjoy. Take care.

Hugs...Rita

1 comment:

Risa said...

Hi Rita!
Happy Anniversary to you and your husband on 35 yrs. together.
I signed your guest book, but I could not get a picture to download. I just got my lap-top out of the shop and I don't have one single picture in my picture file! I am gald that I "backed" them up on a CD though. I luv your site and I will be back to visit. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day:)