Monday, April 20, 2009

Cupcake Anyone?

Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a great weekend, it was a gorgeous one here & the weather was nice & warm...Spring is here to stay I think!!!

I had to make a birthday card for a friend & it had to be masculine so I decided to use my Baking Riley for this one since I haven't used it yet. I sure do hope he likes it.

I broke down today & finally ordered some Anime stamps & I can't wait to use them...those eyes are so beautiful & really get to me, I love those images! Also I'm told that my order from High Hopes is FINALLY on their way to me as we speak...I sure hope so 'cause I've waited a long time for these stamps (since Feb. 26 to be exact). I can't believe its taking so long. I've never waited almost 2 months for stamps before, she told me the first shipment must have gotten lost, then told me that she would ship them out right away again using a different shipping method that would be faster & that was almost 3 weeks ago, so I emailed her again & was told that it was on its way to me so the saga continues. I'll let you know when I get them. You might be able to hear me clear across the country & maybe into Canada (that's where the company is) when they do arrive! Hehehe!!!

Have a great day & thanks so much for spending a little time with me today!



Card details

CS: PTI White, SU Pacific Point
DP: SU 6X6 Patterns Pack II
Stamps: Baking Riley by Hanna Stamps, SU So Many Scallops
Ink: Momento black Tuxedo, SU Soft Sky, SU Markers, Copic Glitter pens, Koh-I-Noor & Prisma pencils & OMS
Accessories: Nesties, star brad, circle & scallop circle punches & dimensionals


14 comments:

Risa said...

Awwwww....Riley is so darn cute...I just love him and your birthday card is delicious Rita!
I can't wait to see what you do with your new Anime stamps Rita. If you have any concerns about the eyes, let me know and I will share a tip or two with you.
I'm truly surprised that it has taken so long for you to receive your HH order. I read a few articles about HHS on SCS ...apparently other ppl. were having the same problem...a very long waiting period. Hopefully they have solved the problem and all is OK.
Have a great day and thanks for sharing your beautiful card.
hugs
Risa:)

Kyoko said...

Hi Rita! I love your Riley card! Wow, I can't believe your order is taking so long to arrive, but glad to hear that it's on it's way. Can't wait to see what you create with them! Take Care!

Elena said...

Oh, I love this card! So cute, Rita! Can't wait to see your new projects with the Anime!
Hope that stamps will finally make it!

JustNeedling said...

Very cute card! Hope your new stamps arrive soon.

2 Worlds said...

Sometimes from Canada this things happen I wonder why
Great card Rita

Mary said...

I *love* your card Rita. The Riley stamps are so darn cute. One of these days I will get around to ordering some of them.

I hope that you get your stamps very soon. I also hope that your compinsated in some way for having to wait so long. Enjoy your loveley weather. :)

Mary

reeree62 said...

Rita, I just love this card! I do love all the Riley stamps!!!

Maria said...

Awww, Riley is adorable. Your colored him so nicely!! Such a sweet card, Rita! wow, I'm sorry that you haven't received your stamps yet. I remember the last time you wrote that you didn't receive the stamps. . I'm assuming it's the same stamps. Arggh! That's way too long! I would have a fit by now . . .you seem very patient!! LOL! I wouldn't be as calm.

Maria

Jodi said...

So cute!! This is a cute image of Riley! Sure hope you get your HH stamps soon, they do take a while, I had to wait also, but not this long. LOL! I can't wait to see the anime creations you will have.
They are a favorite of mine too!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Allison Rankin said...

Your Riley is sweet! Love the punched out sentiment placement up top too!

Denise said...

Very cute! Love those chocolate cupcakes!

Teri said...

What a fun card! I love Riley and his cupcakes! Your friend will love it! Hope your stamps arrive soon! I hate waiting for my orders to come too, but it will get to you soon!! hugs, teri

Little C's Creations said...

This is so cute, Rita!! Sorry to hear that you're waiting sooo long for your HH stamps, that's the pits when stuffs like that happens. But it's ok, when you get them, you'll forget about how long you've really waited!!

Hugs,
Jen

Carolyn King said...

This is just precious!! Great job!