Monday, December 1, 2008

Napkin Rings & Christmas List Books

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Mine was fabulous! I just love being with my kids & they love my stuffing, I always have to make sure I make extra so they can bring some home. Jessica & I got up early & out of the house by 4:30 AM to go shopping but I must say it was very disappointing this year. We did not use 1 coupon this year, ugh!!! Macy's had this thing that if it was a morning special you could not use either coupon. We used to get the sale & use the coupons before & that's how come we always got such fabulous deals but for some reason this year you could not do that...so this year it was not worth getting up so early to go shopping! Plus we did not buy very much for ourselves because we didn't find any good sales for us like we usually do. Well that could have been a good thing because we actually did more Christmas gift shopping, I only have to buy for Dan & maybe 2 other gifts & I'm done, WOW! That's never happened before & yes I'm spending a whole lot less this year. So are you all cutting down on your Christmas spending?

I made some napkin rings for my Thanksgiving table this year & I love how it looks on my table! I also made Jessica, Sarah & myself a Christmas List book to help us stay organized this year while we shop for gifts. Well that's it for today, I hope to get my butt in gear & make some cards this week & do my cleaning so wish me luck! Thanks for stopping by today & have a great day!



Napkin Rings that I made for Thanksgiving with every one's name on them.
I stamped each name with JustRite Harmony Classic Oval Stamper II Stamp Ensemble & the star border for the men & the flower border for the women, I cut those all out using my Oval Nestie's in PTI White CS, then cut out the Oval Scallop in Chocolate Chip, punched 2 holes in the back of the Choc. Chip & tied silver elastic cord from SU & then added dimensionals to the back of the white cs & adhered to the Choc. Chip & I was done...very easy & everyone loved it!







Here is my dining room table almost ready for everyone to arrive to sit down for a delicious Thanksgiving meal.



Here are 3 books that I altered & gave to myself, Jessica & Sarah to hold all info for Christmas shopping. I got these books at Michael's for 50 cents a few months back & knew I wanted them to make for our Christmas list books. I had a lot of stickers leftover from my Winter & Christmas scrapbooks, so I used those & I must say that I'm very happy the way these came out & they were a hit with the girls! Next year though I will make them a bit smaller so that they fit in our purses better.



I have sections marked off with tabs for Coupons, Family, Kids, Friends, My List & Receipts



Coupon pocket page is the first thing you see when you open the book



Backside of the Coupons pocket page in the front of the book



Receipts pocket page. This one is from my book



Backside of the Receipts pocket page at the end of the book. I think this one is from Jessica's book


13 comments:

Carolyn King said...

Hi rita! Love the napkin holders and little books (great idea!)---I have to get organized

JustNeedling said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! Those napkin rings looks fabulous! You are so organize for the Holidays! Those book looks great!

2 Worlds said...

Wow such a care Rita, beautiful table, and mini books

Elena said...

Sorry that the shopping day didn't work well for you Rita...
Love your table set!!! So beautiful! Napkin rings are gorgeous!!!
Your Christmas books are the cutest ones!!!

Curt in Indy said...

The napkin rings and books are wonderful! I wish I could be as organized as you! Thanks for sharing! Best, Curt

Mary said...

Love the napkin rings that you made Rita. Your table looks lovely.

The Christmas shopping books came out great! Have you used them yet? Noy much time left to shop. :)

Hope you had warmer waether today then we did .

Mary

Jodi said...

I love your napkin rings, very clever! I can't believe you are almost done with your Christmas shopping! I have just started. =)

Teri said...

Rita! The napkin rings you made are beautiful and so was your table arrangement! The books are such great gifts and very useful too! I'm not even close to starting my shopping yet!! xoxo, Teri P.S. Just getting back into blurfing, so I'll be checking out your blog more tonight (from home).

Maria said...

Wow, Rita looks like you're back in full swing! Glad that you are feeling better! I'm glad to hear you had a fabulous Thanksgiving and your table looks gorgeous!! I can imagine having a nice dinner at your table.

Love the napkin ring. . .such a great idea! It's much better than buying them. Love how you personalized it!

Your altered notebooks are awesome. . .looks like you put a lot of work into them! Beautiful job!!

Deborah said...

I love your napkin rings! Your plates are lovely too! Sorry about your Friday sale outing! I use to go and make a haul and be finished! Now, everything is always on sale! I will save $600.-800.00 on the Canada crew this year, as they are staying in Canada. I blew so much on my grand babies last year at Toys R Us! This year keeping it way down and what with shipping and all. I sure will miss there Christmas faces! Your little note books are too cute, you are so organized! Glad your Thanksgiving was a hit! Hugs, Deb

Gina Wrona said...

Wow, I'm speechless & your xmas notebooks are so incredibly awesome!

Risa said...

What a beautiful table setting Rita. The monogrammed napkin holders are beautiful and I adore your altered notebook!

Jodi said...

Rita where did you get this Just rite set? I have a couple of others. =)