Sunday, October 3, 2010

Penguin Gift Card Holder

Good morning Peeps!

I'm finally over my cold & I feel like a human again, hahaha!!! Anyway when I was making this gift card holder I was felling a little better but still not myself & a few things went wrong. I put the container of dazzling diamonds on the table & then ended up moving it over to my right so I could use the glue pen first (this was for the last 3 cards out of 50) well....my elbow hit the container & there went the DD all over me, the table & the floor...ugh!!! I was able to get what was on me & the table BACK into the container but what was on the floor was lost forever. I then had to get the vacuum to suck up all that glitter & in the process as I walked out of my craft room over to my bedroom(that's where the vacuum cleaner was) I managed to leave a trail. I tried to suck up as much as I could but you know how that goes with glitter right? We still see some glitter at night when it shines to let me know I need to vacuum again & again & again. Now I have to buy more glitter, lesson learned...make sure you don't take the top off till your ready to use it! Has this happened to you? Leave a comment & tell me your story, I'd love to hear it.

My inspiration for this project came from Kay Sha with this Tag that she made, I thought it would make a cute gift card holder. So I went to work, I used a Red Copic marker to color the scarf instead of gluing red CS on the white & I also cut the top note die in half & place it onto my card, then I made a pocket for the inside, added some glitter to the snowflake on the sign.

I have decided to post on my blog once or twice a week but if I have lots of projects I just might do a few more every once in awhile. I have lots of things that I am making for the craft fair in November so I will be posting those...I have so much to do before then.



Isn't this so cute?! I luv it! Next time I make these I think I'll use the Top Note die for the card or maybe a nestie but the wallet design was cute too!






Stamps used: SU Snow Burst, Winter Post, Frosty & Teeny Tiny Wishes.

Have a great day & thanks for stopping by & spending a little part of your day with me, I appreciate your company!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute project! Thanks for sharing :)

Teri said...

I love this cute penguin Rita! Gonna have to try to make one too! I always have that fear about spilling my DD all over the floor! Gla dyou were able to salvage some of it! Take care! Glad you are feeling better!! hugs, Teri

Elena said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better, Rita!
So sorry to hear about the glitter... I used to spill mine too; good news it was a small container. :)
Love the penguin gift card holder! How sweet!

Mary said...

Rita, your gift card is so adorable! Did you say that your making 50 of them? Wow that is a lot of cards. These would be great to make for Christmas. This year I have decided to only give the kids each a scrapbook that I am making for them and a gift card.

As for the DD. I put mine in a tupperware container and use a plastic spoon to put it on while my card or project is over the container. Lots less of a mess and so far I have not spiled any. I was sorry to read that you did becuase I know how the DD can be very messy.

Mary

2 Worlds said...

Adorable !
There is a strange virus coming around !

JustNeedling said...

Very cute penguin and the gift card holder!

Little C's Creations said...

Hey Ms. Rita! Sorry to hear about your mishap. Yikes... yep, a good reason to get more! hee hee... love your gift card. I was sick for a looooong time too! 7 weeks, and I am FINALLY recovering. I can't believe I've been sick for so long, and so glad that it's finally coming to an end after all these weeks, and coughing. Praise the Lord!

Hugs,
Jen

Curt in Indy said...

I heard a comic one time say that "glitter is like the herpes of crafting. . .you never get rid of it!" LOL That is what your story reminded me of. Cut gift card holder. Hope you are still feeling better! Best, Curt

Risa said...

What an adorable gift card holder, your penguin is too cute!
I'm glad to know that you have gotten over your cold and feeling lots better. I've been stocking up on supplies for the flu season. So far so good but all it takes is for one of the kids to come home sick and then the domino effect takes place.
Take care and have a great day!
hugs
Risa:)