Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A New Golfer is Born...Ya Think?

Hello Peeps!

First of all I want to wish my son-in-law Steve a Happy Birthday, today is his birthday! Happy Birthday kiddo...hope you have a great day!!!

I wanted to share the card I made for Steve last week. He played golf in the wedding tournament that Marc & Sarah had the day after the wedding & I think he liked it! So maybe we have another golfer in the family, ya think? If he starts buying golf equipment this Spring then we will know for sure.

Well I'm finally joining in on the Copic bandwagon...why did I wait sooooo long??? OMG I bought a few for skin tones & fell in love with these babies! I went to my FAV store BELLA ART (in Johnston, R.I.) last week to get some Gold CS that I needed for my nieces wedding program folders & bought a few more markers & then I went to the Croptopia in Newport on Friday night (just to shop not to crop) & bought more from Bella Art & another booth that was selling them too & I am so hooked that I want them all!!! I guess I have to settle on buying a few at a time every now & then. Are you like me, when you want something you just have to have it NOW? It's sooo hard to have to buy this way but my budget won't allow me to do it any other way :o( I also finally found some Polar White Flower Soft & some of the Basic Grey paper pads I was looking for, so I'm happy I stopped by to shop & hubby was so nice to give me more money to shop, he's such a peach...LOVE ya honey!!!

Well that's it for today so thanks for stopping by & have a great day!

Future golfer?...we'll see!!!



inside card

Card details

CS: SU Garden Green,WW & PTI White
DP: SU Patterns Pack II
Stamps: TAC & sentiment is from Stamping Bella
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Prisma markers, Prisma pencils & OMS
Accessories: Grass punch, Rectangle nesties, hemp cord, distress tool & dimensionals



8 comments:

Mary said...

What a great male birthday card this is! My husband is a glofer too. :) As a rule I make his cards every year using a golf theme.

Yes, I am like you. I want it now! When it comes to the Copics they are a bit pricey so buying a few at a time is the way to go. At least it was for me. You will have them all before you know it.

Mary

Jess0980 said...

thanks mom! I love the card and i know steve will love it too!!!

Curt in Indy said...

I love this card! The inside is such a surprise because it is just as beautiful as the outside! Do you think your husband would give me some money to buy some stuff too? LOL Hope you are doing well! Best, Curt

Elena said...

Great card, Rita! I really love the inside!
I do the same thing - buying a little bit at a time. :)

2 Worlds said...

Great card Rita , is great when our DHs give us treats ;)

Allison Rankin said...

What a terrific creation Rita...the inside is a great surprise!

Corie said...

Great guy card -- love it

Cath Wilson said...

That's a fab card, Rita - love everything about it :)