Sunday, November 29, 2009

Top Note Place Cards/Candy Boxes

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I had Marc's in-laws Caroline & Stan here this year for Thanksgiving dinner & we all had a wonderful time. My son-in-law Steve was sick at home so he couldn't make it but we sent Jessica home with a nice plate of food for whenever he could eat it. Dan had been sick for 2 weeks trying to shake a cold & of course I came down with it on Sunday & fought through it while preparing for Thursday's festivities (cleaning house, cooking my famous stuffing, etc) but by Thursday evening I had lost my voice & my cold was taking effect with a vengeance. I got up early to go shopping with Jessica & Sarah but by 10 am I had had enough & wanted to come home. I slept on the couch for most of the day & night. I still have no voice & it seems to get worse at night. It's not the flu (Swine or otherwise) thank God but it sure does take a lot out of you whatever it is, hope it goes away soon, I hate to be sick!

Well here are the Top Note boxes I put on every ones plate with some candy inside, I put names on them so they all knew where they were sitting. They looked so cute waiting for our guests & everyone loved them! As you can tell by now I love making these boxes, so look out for the Christmas ones coming soon! You can find the tutorials for these on Tammy's blog but watch out their addictive!!!

Have a great day & thanks for stopping by today!






Back of the Male Pilgrim






Back of the Turkey. There was no version of the female Pilgrim so I made my own, using a Pilgrim female I had made years ago for scrapbooking with Creative Memories. It's not that great but it's not that bad either. If you come up with a good one I would luv to see it so drop me a comment with a link to your female Pilgrim.








9 comments:

Sally said...

Rita,
These are adorable. You come up with some fabulous ideas.

Teri said...

OMG rita! I just love these cute Thanksgiving top note boxes!! The table setting photo is beautiful. Sorry that you lost your voice, hope you are feeling better...sending lots of love your way! xo, Teri

JustNeedling said...

These so so cute! Nice decorations!

Jodi said...

OMG! Rita, these are just adorable!! I love what you have made, and really would have loved to be there to join you!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

2 Worlds said...

These are great the turkey is my favorite he s so adorable !!

Allison Rankin said...

Ha ha! Those are great...I love the turkey!

Elena said...

Wow! The table looks so gorgeous! Very well done, love how you decorated it, Rita! You are so talented!
Really sorry you don't feel good... Hope this cold will go away very soon!

Ashley said...

OMGosh! So stinkin' CUTE!!! Love these! Hugs, Ashley
www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Risa said...

Rita, your table setting is fabulous!!! I LOVE the way you decorated each plate setting, so cool and beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)