Monday, March 22, 2010

It happened yet again...

Hello Peeps!

Well can you figure out what happened to me yet again? I altered my laptop Saturday afternoon with the Flower decor Elements (pictures below), it came out sooooo pretty & I love it!!!! But 3 hours later I turned on my computer & Ka.....put!!! Nothing, OMGosh this can't be happening to me again...oh no, I can't believe it!!! I had this one for 2 weeks & thought it was safe to apply my flowers cause this PC should be all set...nope that was not to be I'm afraid. So Sunday I called Best Buy & brought the laptop back, yep you guessed it had to get a new one...BUT I was NOT getting another DELL. This girl will NEVER buy another Dell again & when my Desktop goes I will get another brand. So I went looking with my sales guy for another brand that had what I wanted. He recommended the Asus (I had some friends recommend this brand too)but they didn't have one with what I needed, one didn't have enough in it & the other one had too much stuff that I didn't need - nothing in the middle so I ended up with a Toshiba. I'm waiting on Marc (my son) to come over & set up my wireless router yet again. He said he doesn't mind, he's such a good kid, I feel bad that he has to come over again but hey at least I get to see him a lot lately. We'll see how this one goes, I hope this is my last trip to Best Buy, I do have to say their customer service & Geek Squad were fabulous, they were all great & were so helpful. Cross your fingers for me guys!

I lost everything I put into the Dell in the last 2 weeks so I made sure I also bought a portable hard drive (WD My Passport Essential) so that I can back up everything on my PC. Lesson learned there. Anyway it looks like I will be spending my time today adding my files (yet again, I'm getting good at this...had plenty of practice) to the laptop. If I have a chance I will come back & post a card later today.

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!


Isn't this sooooo pretty?! I loved how it came out too! What a waste, now I have to buy more flower Decor Elements for my Toshiba & do it all over again but I think I will wait about 2 months to make sure this PC stays with me.






9 comments:

Dawn Griffith said...

OH NO girlie .. Thats terrible . BUT I love the decor elements on it .. Looks Oh so fabulous !! makes me want to do mine all over again :)
sooo stinkin cute :)
xox
Dawn Griffith

JustNeedling said...

Wow! Beautiful decor elements! I was thinking about doing mine but have not get around to doing it. Sorry, to hear about you laptop. Hope your new one will be better! Take care!

Diane said...

Looks fabulous girl!!! I'm not smart enough to do all that on my blog,lol! So I leave mine pretty boring!
Love your Wedding Programs below,ooh la la,gorgeous!

Mary said...

Well your laptop did look very pretty. Too bad that this is the second one you have had to return.I have an HP laptop that I bought a few months ago and I love it! As for my Dell desktop PC......I have had it for about 6-7 months and none of the card readers work and my processor is going way slower then it sould be. Thankfuly, I have 4 years of insurnace on it, All I have to do is bring it in to the Geek squad and they will work on it for me. However, I will be without my desktop for at least 2 weeks.I use my desktop to do all of my digi scrapping and photo editing. Oh well it has to go back. I hope that your Toshiba will keep working great for you.

Mary

2 Worlds said...

Hope this time around works for you
The cover is cute

Ree Donnelly said...

Oh, Rita!! You poor thing... that stinks!
Yeah, I don't blame you for staying away from Dell now...

Gina Wrona said...

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, not again! You poor thing, I'm so sorry for you.

I hope for your sake this is the end of it, kwim?

Many many Hugs,
Gina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

ruzy said...

it looks amazing :)

Risa said...

Oh no Rita....not again! You know what, I feel the same as you about the Dell computers, they are making them too fast and the quality isn't what it used to be. I have two and I'm not crazy about either one!
Good luck with your Toshiba computer, I think it will work out great!
Guess what, Cliff and I are leaving for Tunica, Mississippi Easter Sunday. We will be staying at the Gold Strike Casino and I can't wait! I've been running around here like a madwoman making cards ahead of different schedules etc. and I can't wait to sit down and catch my breath.
Have a beautiful weekend my friend and enjoy your new laptop!
hugs
Risa:)