Happy Monday Ladies!
Well everything went well with the shower & everyone had fun. We really put one over on Jessica, she didn't have a clue. When she thought she had it figured out we threw her a curve, but she was always asking questions hoping one of us would slip up. Last Monday I asked her to go out to eat on June first with us & her brother & then Steve slipped & told her that her shower was June first, she got so mad at him for telling her that she slept on the couch that night. Steve told me he could take her being mad at him because when Sunday rolls around she was going to be soooo sorry that she yelled & got mad at him. We went shopping Thursday & she bought a dress for the shower & said that she was going to wear it every Sunday till her shower but didn't have to wear it this Sunday cause she didn't think it was this week, there she goes searching again! I just told her to do whatever. When she walked into my house Sunday wearing a different dress I knew she didn't haven't have a clue. Hehehe!!!
So here's how I set everything up. I told her at Christmas time that my great niece Misty was getting married 2 weeks before her. I set up two bridal registries at two different stores in my niece's name & made up a name for the groom (my great niece is not getting married & we haven't seen her in years, she's a few years younger than Jessica)I sent Jessica & myself a bridal invitation (I wanted to leave it on the table for her to see whenever she came over). To make a long story short she kind of thought that it was for her but after all the questions she was asking me & me coming up with good answers for her she figured no that's not the day of my shower! I really tried to have a couple of hints to indicate & lead her to believe that her shower was June 1st & I can't believe it all worked & we all pulled it off!
So I'm waiting for one more person to give me the pictures that she took Sunday 'cause she got all the good pictures for me. She's so good at taking pictures, thank you so much Tammi! I'll post a few pictures today & when I get Tammi's pictures I'll post those. The rest of the week I will post pictures of all the stuff that I made for the shower. So enjoy & thanks for stopping by today!


This is the place, the food was great. We had a brunch Tea Party Shower.

There were two private parties going on - Our Bridal Shower & someone was having a Baby Shower!

Surprise!!!
You really got me!!!


Her favorite...chocolate covered strawberries! Yummmmmmmm!!!

So happy & beautiful!

Ok, here we go, opening the gifts!

Cute!

She's reading the Daughter Poem that I put in her card & Nikki is almost crying!
My baby is all grown up!

My baby girl

Bridal Party left to right
Nikki, Jessica, Sarah (maid of honor) & Danielle

Mother & daughter

Jessica & Steve

Me at age 19
I had a few people ask me to post a picture of me when I was young because they wanted to see how much my daughter looks like me when I was younger. Oh my I look so young & naive. So don't laugh! Hehehe!!! It's amazing how much we change as we get older, I look at myself in the mirror & wonder who is that person staring back at me, surely that can't be me! Do you do that too? Enjoy the laugh ladies & gentlemen 'cause I don't do this for everyone!

I was 21 years old in this picture
13 comments:
Wow, Rita. . .you did good! LOL! I read how you managed to make it a surprise. . .wow, you did a lot of planning to insure that your daughter would be surprised. How wonderful a mother you are!!
Your daughter is GORGEOUS! Your daughter looks like you. You should post a picture of you at her age. . .I bet you two looked alike. . .maybe different hairstyle and such but I can see a strong resemblance. Your daugther's dress is beautiful. . .blue really suits her!!
Absolutely beautiful pictures! I'm glad the shower turned out fabulous! Your daughter should be proud to have a wonderful mom like you!!
Maria
Wow everything seemed so beautiful and fun
Congrats to you
Rita you all did a fantastic job on your daughter's bridal shower. Your daughter is very beautiful and you two can pass for sisters!!
Thank you for sharing and I can't wait to see the rest of the photos.
malieta:)
Way to go Rita! You pulled it off without a hitch! Your lovely daughter looks so happy! Look forward to the next batch of pictures! Take care, hugs, Deb
You did great job surprising her. Those are great pictures and you looked good when you were young and now too.
Your daughter is beautiful just like her mother.
Oh how FUN! I just love suprises! Looks like a great time was had by all...
Great pics...I hope y'all had lots of fun! Cheers!
Well isn't she the beauty! You are so right, she looks just like you. What an exciting time. I bet time has flown past so quickly. You did an amazing job and Im sure she appreciates it all.
I love your picture Rita!!!
Isn't it nice to reflect on our younger years? You look like a ray of sunshine, so happy and very pretty!!
malieta:)
LOVE those pictures of you!!
Your daughter looks sooooo young and everything was beautiful!
Wow! Your daughter looks just like you! What a beauty she is. :) Thank you for sharing all of the pictures that you have from her bridal shower. It was great fun to look at all of them.
Yes, I dod look in the mirror every day and wonder who that lady is staring back at me. Where has the time gone. The pictures of you are so adorable. You certainly looked very happy.
Mary
Awww Ms. Rita, such great pictures, such a great time, you're such a sweet mommy!!! Jessica is so lucky to have such a sweet mama like yourself!! You are blessed with a beautiful daughter as well.... I know you are sooo happy for her, and yet kinda sad, ya?! Thanks for sharing these photos - you all look like you had a marvelous time together. Funny how you tricked Jessica... I'm glad that it wasn't a spoiled surprise!!!
Big Hugs,
Jen
Wow, that was so very brave of you to share pics of yourself and so very true about looking at yourself in the mirror!
((Hugs))
Gina
Post a Comment