Thursday, August 7, 2008

Last of the Engagement Layout Pages

Hi gang!

Look what I've been doing today! I worked on finishing Jessica's engagement book, so it's all done! Whew!!! All she needs to do now is to journal, I wanted her to do the journaling because she is the only one who knows how she felt when things were progressing & moving right along towards her special day! I will help guide her & so we will do it together, I know how she & I hate to journal, but you really need to do it so that years from now her children will know who everyone is in these pictures & what she was thinking. I made a heritage book on my mom's life & a lot of the old pictures I did not know who those people were, my mom already had dementia so she was of no help at that time, this is the reason you need to talk about family history & old pictures or else it will be lost forever or worse some children throw out those pictures because they don't know who's in them. I kept some & just journaled that I didn't know who they were. So get out those old pictures & talk to your parents & grandparents about them. Good luck! Now I'll have wedding books to do for me & my daughter & maybe just maybe with all the leftover pictures I have I think I'll make each of the girls a small album of the times shared with Jessica through out her journey to her wedding day. I already have over 200 pictures & I'm ordering a few 5x7's & some duplicates for the girls albums. No pictures from the photographer to view yet, I don't know how long it takes but a few people have told me it takes awhile. Hopefully I can get the albums done by next year...hee! hee! One day at a time, right?

Take care all & have a great evening! Thanks for stopping by today!







A wonderful relaxing day at the spa




Jessica relaxing & getting her pedicure




Me & her future mother-in-law getting our pedicures




The Bridesmaids at the Spa




The Wedding Invitation




The Wedding Party




The Happy Couple

10 comments:

Deborah said...

You just keep going with this wedding! You are amazing! Great job! They have such cute journaling side notes out now, perhaps Jessica would like them.
Love the pictures! How did the doc in the city go? Hugs, Deb

2 Worlds said...

Beautiful pages Rita

Allison Rankin said...

Great pages...I am sure she will treasure these in the years to come!

Curt in Indy said...

Putting this book together shows how special you are! This is wonderful! Best, Curt

Gina Wrona said...

Hi Rita,

Your daughter is very lucky to have such a talented mom make such a beautiful memory album.

Awesome job!

ttfn,
Gina
((((((((((((hugs))))))))

Teri said...

Rita! Love this scrapbook! Did you do the page with Jessica & your hubby?? What a special gift!! And I agree with you, the journaling is the most important part of the book!! xoxo, Teri

JustNeedling said...

Beautiful pages! Thanks for sharing. I love looking at wedding pictures especially on scrapbook pages.

Jodi said...

These are great photos!! TFS!

Risa said...

You put together a beautiful scrapbook Rita and your pages are very beautiful!

Mary said...

Wonderful pages Rita. I am sure that Jessica loved her book that you made for her. Your right about the journaling being importnat. :)

Mary