Monday, August 25, 2008

My Nestabilities Storage

Nestabilities Storage Tips

Hi everyone!

I used to store mine in CD cases but got tired of asking people for cd cases, no one buys cd's much anymore, my kids download their music onto their ipods. Here are the pictures of my NEW nestie’s storage system. I luv this & it does not take up much room. The folder for the long Rectangle nesties is called “Quickutz Revolution magnetic storage binder” and I got mine on ebay, I figured I would buy two of them & keep one in case Spellbinders made another large set , I bought 1 in black & 1 in white. Click Here to check it out. I just noticed that she doesn't have any right now, but they have them at Quickutz for $12.99.
The double CD case I got at Best Buy & I have plenty of room for future nesties, hehehe!! I bought thin magnetic sheets from Staples & cut them to fit inside the pockets, made them a little smaller than the pockets so that it would be easy to slide in & out & kept a template of the size for when I add to my collection & my collection is growing. Also someone on SCS said what they did for the longer rectangles was to cut the first pocket on the bottom of the CD case & make a longer magnetic sheet to slide the nesties in, but I liked the Quickutz folder better. The first 2 nesties that I bought were the large regular ovals & the large regular scallop ovals, then I got smart & starting ordering the complete sets because they came out cheaper than ordering just 2, I just have to wait longer to receive them & that’s OK by me as long as I’m getting a good deal on them. I think that the nesties are one of the best purchases that I have ever made, I just luv them so much! So I hope this helps you & gives you another idea for storing your nesties.

Have a great day & thanks for stopping by today!






This is the Quickutz Revolution magnetic storage binder. It lays nice & flat or you could stand it upright like a book, it's nice & sturdy. The cheapest place I found was on ebay for around $9.95 I think.




Open folder. One side of the folder has a cover so that the magnetic sides don't stick together. Take the cover off & the other nesties are there. I luv this folder, but sometimes its hard to get them out so I have my CM flat tool to slide underneath & get them loose, I only have to that when I cut my fingernails short. Every so often I cut my nails down really short when they start to break.




Take the cover off on the right side & there are the other nesties.





This is what the Double CD case looks like closed, it has a zipper. It was $19.99 at Best Buy & I got it on sale last week for $17. & change. I think that's a great deal for this storage system. I think the magnetic sheets were just over $10. for 4 sheets which netted 4 cuts per sheet & a little trimming. My final measurements for the magnetic sheets for the pockets were 4 1/4" X 4 1/2" & they slide nice & easy when you need to take them in & out.




I put a label on the sheet to let me know what size they are & then put a label on the outside pocket of what they are, square, round, rectangle, etc. Not that I don't know but I like to label everything!




The Squares & the Round ones I just got in 2 weeks ago & used the rest of my magnetic sheets. Time to go back to Staples to get more magnetic sheets.




This is what they look like on the thin magnetic sheet when you take them out of the pocket. I take them out, work with them this way then when I'm done I just slide them back in the CD pocket.




Easy to slide in & out whenever you need them


Revised to add that the Square scallop nesties don't nestle perfect so I split those up into 2 pockets each for the large & the small. So there are only 3 nesties in those pockets.

14 comments:

Catherine said...

oh, thanks for sharing..this is pretty cool!

Deborah said...

Great stoage solution! WOW! You sure have lots of fab Nestie's! I am so jealous Rita! I better get on it girl! Have a great day! Hugs, Deb

2 Worlds said...

I just have one set of nest. but this is a great solution if I decide to buy more.

Maria said...

What a fabulous idea on how to store the Nestabilities. Thanks for sharing such an awesome idea!!

Maria

Donna C. said...

Here's how I store mine:

http://rubystamper.blogspot.com/2008/08/nestability-storage.html

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Okay, this is definately the best storage system I have seen yet. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing with us, including where you bought the items. I had no idea you could buy large magnetic sheets. I'm off to buy some.....

6 wacky women said...

Great idea, Rita. Thanks for sharing your idea. You have a great blog! Love your waterfall cards..too.
Karen

Risa said...

What a great idea Rita!!!!
I really need to invest and buy some magnetic sheets to store my dies. I have a CD case but somehow, nothing stays put in there because I don't have any magnets. lol
Take care and TFS this terrific idea:)

Jenny said...

Sweet idea Rita!!! Thanks for the nice comments on my blog. AGAIN!!!

Mary said...

I have all of my sets stored in CD cases. :) It is a bit of a pain when I am looking for a certain set and I have to go through all of my sets because I have not labeled them. I really like the “Quickutz Revolution magnetic storage binder” and will ask the owner of the scrapbook store that I go to if she will order some for me. Thanks for sharing your ideas Rita. I'm always looking for a better way to store all of my stuff. :)

Mary

Amanda said...

Fab idea Thanks so much for sharing this Rita. It always so nice to see what other crafts are using for storage ideas.

I have an empty CD case at home so now I just need to head off to Walmart buy some megnet sheets and I am all set.

Thanks again.

Amanda

Anonymous said...

For those of you that use the Quickutz magnetic storage binder, Quickutz also makes a magnetic wand that you can use to pick up your nesties with. I bought mine from www.scrapyland.com and it cost $8.99. The magnetic storage binder is $11.69 and they have free shipping over $50. www.joann.com has the magnetic storage binder for $11.69 too and they sometimes have free shipping for orders over $35. Joann's does not have the wand tho.

Teri said...

Wow! I love this idea Rita! I only have a couple of nesties dies right now, too busy buying stamps - haha! I will keep this idea in mind!

Jodi said...

That's a great storage solution for them, I love my nesties!!