Friday, September 19, 2008

Snow Scene Card

Hi everyone!

Oh what a beautiful cool crisp day it is today here in New England, just the way I like it!!! It's 62 & I luv it, not cold, not hot...just right! Hope your all having a great day. This is going to be a quick post.

Here is the other embossed card that I worked on last week. I really think it's growing on me the more I look at it. Well what I did was use the bleach technique, Dawn had a video awhile back & I had seen this on other blogs as well last year so I figured I would give it a try on this embossed card because I thought this card would be perfect for it! Well I thought it would come out more white, not tan, I think that's the reason I wasn't too thrilled with it at first but it's growing on me. I then added some metallic rub on paste to give it a little more depth & color. What do you all think? I'm still going to play some more with these embossing folders to find something that I'm really happy with, I still have a few more ideas that I want to try so stay tuned...more to come! Have a great day & thanks for stopping by today!




Card details

CS: Night of Navy
Stamp: Gina K Design sentiment
gold embossing powder & heat gun
CB embossing folder
Bleach technique using Aqua painter with bleach in it
Metallic rub on paste


8 comments:

Catherine said...

Rita, another easy peasy BEAUTIFULc card =)

Hope you have a great weekend!

Jamie Martin said...

Wow, love, love, love this card! Beautiful :)

Deborah said...

This one is awesome Rita! Now what settings did you use for this pic? Good pic! HUgs, Deb

Allison Rankin said...

This is terrific...love this folder!

Elena said...

Very beautiful! I like the CB folder! Using a bleach worked great on this card!

Maria said...

It turned out fabulously, Rita. It has such a pretty elegant look to it. I love your embossing! You did a wonderful job!

Maria

Teri said...

oh so pretty rita!!

Risa said...

Wow....this card is stunning Rita!
The snowflakes and the embossing are very beautiful!!!!!