Yes, I'm still alive! Thank you all for inquiring with your concern. I hope you all had a great Holiday Season! Now it's time to get back into the grove once again, I'm having a hard time doing just that, I think I need a good kick in the butt! I need to open my new stuff & start playing, but I have been trying to organize my craft room. I have also been running around looking & making plans with my daughter's bridal party for some place to have the bridal shower. Waiting for the final OK on that one place I think the girls decided on (I hope) so that I can start thinking of stamps to get & making samples for the shower invitations. Then picking the one that we will be using for the invite. In the mean time we just started (we got one side done) cleaning out the attic looking for the handkerchief/bonnet we used for Jessica's Christening (finally found that), you snip a few stitches & use it as a handkerchief (something old) on her wedding day. It was a handmade handkerchief stitched as a Christening bonnet, then you use it on your wedding day, there is a poem that comes with it that explains it all(someone gave these to my kids when they were born. The one for my son will be given to his bride to use. What a great idea hah? So now we are going to do the other side of the attic one or two boxes a day, I didn't realize how much stuff was up there, there are so many toys & stuffed animals & whatever...I saved so much from when my kids were small, even school papers. Original GI Joe's! Books & papers from when my hubby was in college. It's amazing! So my craft room is stuffed with the stuff that was in the closet to get to the crawl space to open the little door to the attic...stuff is everywhere so I can't get to my crafting for about another week. Then I will return in force. I do have to work on that bottle that Flossie made a tutorial for, you know the soda bottle. I'm doing that for my son's birthday & stuffing it with golf things. I also have to make his card, so I have to get that room done by this weekend...his birthday is a week from Saturday. No hurry there huh?
A lot of stuff that I will be making I won't be able to put on my blog because my daughter looks at my blog almost daily. I will have to post those things after the shower & wedding. I can't even tell you when that is right now, 'cause the all seeing eyes are looking at this, right Jess? I can at least tell you that the wedding is July 12th & will be here before we know it. This was a long winded post, so now that I burnt your ears off I will let you get back to making those wonderful cards that you all make. Take care & thanks for stopping by today.
Here are a few pictures we took Sunday of hubby in the attic, enjoy!
Hugs...Rita

This is the crawl space in the closet in my craft room that leads into the front attic, if you think this is small you should see the tiny one in my closet on the ceiling, it's even smaller than this one.

Well we know he can fit through, but can he get back in? Of course he can! Hehehe!!! When I put all this stuff in there I never gave it a thought about how old we would be when we got it out & if we would be able to. It's a good thing we did it now & not in another few years!

Jessica watching her father in there & laughing. Awwwwe! He's doing all this for me "she said"! Yep, she was always daddy's little girl, he would do anything for her, she had him wrapped around her little finger & still does to this day!

Hubby in an awkward position in the attic crawl space. He's right up against the slanted rooftop, its really small in there, that's why it's called the crawl space...hehehe!!! He's a trooper! It's amazing how much stuff I got in there.



This is what my craft room looks like right now...it's a mess. I have stuff in here & in my daughter's old bedroom. All this stuff goes into the closet in my craft room. That's not even counting the clothes that goes in there.
4 comments:
Having trouble with my Mojo too,but with the shower and wedding coming up you will be forced into creativity. Think it is a holiday overload.
Oh Rita!
You have a lot on your plate right now and I can see why you aren't able to make anything at the moment! Take your time and keep us posted as things progress, after all your daughters wedding will be here before you know it!
(((hugs)))
malieta:)
look at all that stuff in your crafty room! WOW!
What a cute idea with the bonnet.
I see you have a lot of work ahead of you, but hang in there :)
Post a Comment