Sorry I haven't been posting much lately but life gets in the way ya know. I figured I would post before going to the doctors today, don't worry it's just my semi annual check up & I need to go for a blood test first so I can't even have my COFFEE this morning...ugh!!! I can be a bear without my COFFEE!!! I have been blowing off the blood work for a looooooong time & she is quite mad, so I figured I better do it today, I always had the wedding as an excuse but can't do that anymore, hehehe!!! By the time I remember that I need to go for my blood test I have already had coffee so that day is blown to bits & then I forget about it, it's not like I go into that city all the time...I rarely go there, usually only when I have a doctor's appointment or just drive by it. So I know I'm going to hear it from her today, she's not going to be too happy with me. I probably won't get my COFFEE till after my doctor's appointment after 1:30 that's a long time to go without COFFEE!!! Oh well!
I love Sarah Kay stamps, these images are so beautiful & easy to work with & color! My good friend Jen sells them in her store called "Little C's Stamps n' Things", I just pre ordered a few of the Christmas ones, their beautiful! Pop on over there & take a peek she has some awesome stuff! You will be seeing a lot of these stamps in the coming days, I will try to mix it up a bit for you. The background of this card I learned from a few other stampers in blogland who have used this technique & thought I would give it a try. I love it!!! I inked one side of the textile embossing folder & ran it through my cuttlebug & its awesome. If you flip the folder over so that the cuttlebug words are facing down ink that side this time then run it through the cuttlebug the same way, words on the bottom...it gives you a whole different look, I used very vanilla cs for this card. By the way don't forget to wash the folder when your done so that it doesn't stain, it comes out looking new again. Give it a try. Hope you like it!
Well that's it for today, I hope to post blog candy later or tomorrow, the picture is taken & just waiting for me to post, so stay tuned. Have a great day & thanks for stopping by today! Hope I didn't bore you too much about the NO COFFEE thing, Hehehe!!!


Card details
CS: SU Very Vanilla, PTI Dark Chocolate, Aqua Mist & White
Ink: Palette Noir Black, SU Chocolate Chip, Distress Antique Linen, Prisma & Koh-I-Noor pencils with OMS & SU markers
Stamps: Sarah Kay
Accessories: Ribbon is American Crafts, oval nestabilities, Textile EF (I inked the EF on one side with Choc. chip), dimensionals
10 comments:
These stamps are really darling !
Great coloring there
Loved the card !
Love her! The image looks great inside the scallop Rita! Your CB techinique worked out so nicely! Very cool! Hugs, Deb
so pretty!! funny about you not going to the doctor and making all kine excuses. well, sometimes it's a drag, especially when you don't feel out of it, right? I'm glad you finally went tho'... you put it off long enough...LOL!! Thanks for this pretty card!! I will definately upload to LC's gallery this weekend.
Hugs,
Jen
Oh my Rita! So cute esp. with the bugged and inked BG! You are doing wonders with these gals!
Your card is adorable Rita and I love how your inked embossed card looks...very cool!
I love the new look to your blog Rita and your banner is very beautiful!
Oh Rita,
She looks so old fashioned, antique in a kind of a way.
Very pretty...
ttfn,
Gina
((hugs))
i want this stamp so bad =)
very pretty.
Ooh, I love what you did with the CB embossing folder! Makes the card look elegant. thanks for providing instructions!! xoxo
Oh such a pretty card, Rita! The embossed background looks like a framing around the image. You did a fabulous job coloring the image too!!
I drink way too much coffee. Without it, I drag my butt around! LOL!!
Maria
Post a Comment