Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Anyone for Coffee???

Hello Peeps!!!

It's raining here today, what else is new. We have more rainy days than sunny this summer, so we try to get out whenever we have a good day. We hope to go to the Cape tomorrow, it is supposed to be the best day of the week. Scattered thunderstorms are predicted for the rest of the week so I hope tomorrow they will hold off till the night time.

Here is a gift card holder I made last week & I luv how it turned out. My plan was to make something totally different but when I saw Angie's (Chic n' Scratch)video tutorial I decided to make this one instead. I love how she used an envelope cut in half to make two pockets...I used one for a sentiment & the other for the gift card & decorated my card in the coffee theme. Soooo do you want to go out for some coffee...we can make it a girl's afternoon out & yak & yak & yak about anything that we like & have a great ole time?

Gift Card Holder


Sentiment & Gift card inside


A look inside

Card details

CS: PTI Kraft & White, SU Garden Green & Chocolate Chip
DP: PTI Chocolate Remix paper pad
Stamps: My Cuppa' Joe (Gina K Designs)
Ink: PTI Perfect match Dark Chocolate, Copic glitter pen, SU markers & SU Creamy Caramel ink pad
Accessories: Sponge, dimensionals, PTI envelope & scrap ribbon


I really appreciate you coming by to visit me today! Leave me a comment & let me know what you think? Have a great day everyone!

7 comments:

Kyoko said...

Hey Rita! Can you send some rain our way? It's so hot on the Island that things are starting to dry up!

Wow, love your GF holder. What a great idea ... so different! LOVE IT!

Teri said...

Saw Angie's tutorial on this GCH too, love your take on it! I'll join you for some coffee, we'd have so much fun!! hugs, Teri

Elena said...

Oh Rita, I am so sorry about the rain... Hope it will be better and you can do what you planned!
Your gift card holder is fabulous!!! I love how you stamped the coffee beans and bag, it looks like custom made DP! Like the insert too!
Thank you so much for sharing the link to the tutorial!

Risa said...

Your card holder is awesome a what a great idea Rita!
hugs
Risa:)

2 Worlds said...

This made me remember a long time I dont have starbucks :(
Great gift Card holder very cute

reeree62 said...

OMGosh, Rita, I just love this! That set is such a fun set... nice to have yet another use for it! Thanks!

Gina Wrona said...

You said the magic word, "coffee", of course I'd like to go, long distance of course, kwim?

I remember when Dawn taught this to us years ago and I made one from recycled envelopes and put multiple pockets w/new mom newborn coupons inside for my sisterinlaw. Autumn is now 4yrs old if that tells ya how long ago.

GREAT JOB!

hugs,
Gina