Monday, July 13, 2009

Keeping Tabs on Card Stock & SU Punches!

Hi everyone!

Well as promised here is my first post on my attempt at organizing my time & craft room, hope you like it!

I used to spend a long time going through my SU filing drawer & Papertrey file bin to see what card stock I wanted to use to match a DP that I had in mind for a card & so I wanted something that would cut down on the searching time & came up with this after buying Cat's SU punch key ring. Now all I have to do is take out the key ring & check the colors & if I need more card stock in that color the stock number is right there, nice & easy & simple to make. I bought the big rings at Wal-Mart, their cheap enough. I cut the card stock 2 1/2 X 3 1/2. I made one for SU card stock & one for Papertrey, I will be working on one for Gina K Pure Luxury card stock when I buy some of her colored card stock, right now I only have 2 colors. I laminated the top white cs & I think I'm going to laminate a back piece as well. I'll have more tips for you tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great evening!

SU Card stock keyring


The name & stock number are right on the card stock so it's easy to jot down when I'm running low on a certain color.


Papertrey Inc. card stock keyring


Card stock name


This is where I got the idea for my card stock key rings. I bought this SU punch key ring from Cat so that I can have it handy to see if a word will fit into a punch before I stamp it or if it will work with a layout that I might have in mind. She does update it with new punches every so often when SU comes out with some new ones. So head on over there if you want one.


SU Punch Keyring





Two card stock & one SU punch key rings


6 comments:

Kyoko said...

OMG RITA ... VERY IMPRESSIVE organizing hints! Wow, it takes time to organize but once it's done, you are SET! Can't wait for more hints!

JustNeedling said...

These are great ideas! I made the punch ring but now I gotta do the cardstock ring too. Thank you for sharing!

Mary said...

Hi Rita,

I have the card-stock ring and absolutely love it. I do not have the punch ring book. I may buy it or I may make my own. Thank yo very much for taking the time to share this with all of us.

I hope that you are enjoying our beautiful weather.

Mary

Elena said...

This looks wonderful. It is a great idea to create the samples of each cardstock color. This way you can just take it and play around with the DP to find the matching color! Love the punch ring idea too! Thank you so much for sharing, Rita!

Jodi said...

How awesome to have such cool organization!! You did an awesome job with these!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Risa said...

What a fabulous idea Rita!!! TFS!!
hugs
Risa:)