Sunday, September 9, 2007

Thinking of you card

Hi everyone,

Here is a card I made last week & sent to Malieta. I loved making this card & have to tell you, I love my cuttlebug & can't wait to buy more stuff to use with it. You girls were right about how much I was going to love it!!!

Cardstock: SU Sky Blue & white (Michael's)
DP: unknown
White star brad, A.C. Moore
Ribbon: cranberry Michael's
Sentiment: Michael's

I went dress shopping with my daughter & her friend Sarah (the Maid of Honor) Friday afternoon. We went looking for brides maid dresses & a dress for me for the wedding. The first place we went to I found 1 dress that I absolutely LOVE...but it is very pricey. We also found 3 dresses for the girls there, so we put those on a list at the store in case we go back we know what we want to look at again, the store is very organized that way , which is a very good thing about these bridal salons, they sure know what their doing. We then went to another salon & Jess & Sarah found 3 dresses there that they liked, I found none. I'm afraid that nothing they had could compare to that dress that I saw at the other store, which to me is not a good thing. I really don't want to spend that much for a dress I'll probably only wear once or maybe twice. We will go again next week or the week after to try 2 more stores. We have a lot of stores to go to, so I hope I can find something more reasonable.

Now Friday morning I went to a friend's house to a stamping get together & we mad 5 Christmas cards, we had a lot of fun making these cards & they came out so beautiful, I learned a few things that day, which is a good thing for me. We are hoping to make this a monthly thing, which would be great for all of us, I think everyone is in the same boat as me & we all want to learn more. I will post one card each day this week from that get together.

Here is one that we made that you could give to the bus driver for Christmas, for all you moms out there. This is adorable. you pull the ribbon up & walla! a popcorn bag, or a gift card or something else you might think of giving.
What a great idea, huh? I love it!

Well I hope you all had a great weekend, I know I sure did! Thanks for stopping by & keep on stampin'.

Hugs...Rita

3 comments:

Risa said...

I love the snowman and the gift idea Rita! ***hinting on a tutorial*** ....I'm serious...I like that pull-up ribbon card!
Malieta:)

Corie said...

Great gift idea, and the card is fantastic

corinnesomerville said...

Great job, Rita !!!! You are kickin' butt in the stamping world :)