Sunday, November 4, 2007

Storm & Cleaning up afterwards

Hi Ladies,

Hope your all enjoying your Sunday afternoon. We had a little excitement here yesterday, we had a lot of stormy weather here & the electricity went on & off a few times but never did go out for a long time, we were very lucky. I was still on the computer when I heard a lot of wind & then a great big bang, scared the living daylights out of me. I look out the window & saw that a big tree fell right outside of the window in the den where I was, thank God it fell away from the house. Hubby had just gone down the street to get some milk & when he came back he was surprised when I told him. We have been doing a lot of work on our house & land in the last 5 years, so we were very grateful the tree fell away from the house.

My neighbor offered himself & his father to cut up the tree, (we no longer have a power saw)& we would give him the wood to haul out of here & that was a big help to us. They are still out there chopping & cleaning & hauling the branches away to the dump in my neighbors truck. Gotta luv my neighbors. We have always been a close knit neighborhood here, there are only 8 houses on our street & we have always gotten along in our 30 years since these houses were built. There are only 2 houses that have new owners (next door where the tree fell & across from our house), all the rest are original home owners. I took some pictures for you to see.

Take care & thanks for stopping by...happy stamping all!!!

Hugs
Rita











These two pictures were taken from my neighbor's yard. The tree fell right over the property line.




Clean Up, day after the storm!
These last 3 pictures were taken from my bedroom window.



It's a big tree!



6 comments:

Mary said...

Oh your pictures are bringing back memories for me. We went through the very same thing 2 years ago. A very large pine tree missed our house by just 10 feet. It was such a loud and frightning sound. I am so glad that you are okay and that your house did not get hit.

Mary

Lori said...

WOW!!! While you're sharing the falling of the tree, I'm looking at the pictures saying, wow, what beautiful colors...We don't see much of the seasons here in Hawaii, and also saying what big yards you have. Well, isn't it great to have good neighbors.

Take care,
Lori

YankeeTexan said...

Wow, Rita, I'm so glad you and your house remain in tact. One more blessing down, many more to go!
Amber

Unknown said...

WOW!
Thank goodness for great neighbors!

Maria said...

Hi Rita,

I'm glad the tree didn't fall on to your house but it's also a little sad that such a beautiful tree fell.

Well.. .I'm really glad you're safe. It's a good thing you have a huge yard.

Maria

Risa said...

Wow Rita.....your family was really blessed. It sounds like you have fantastic neighbors...another blessing. I'm just glad that all is well and no one was hurt.
Sincerely
Malieta:)