Well I won't be going to the cape after all, the weather is too cloudy & we're afraid we will get caught in the rain later so hopefully we will go next week if the weather co-operates...sheesh!!! Oh well such is life, hah?
I started this card last weekend & then I saw Gina K's StampTV video on this kool technique called "Smackin' Acetate" & decided to give it a try on this card. It took a few tries to get it the way I was at least happy with it, it's not perfect but it looks good (you should see the ones I threw out) & I'm happy with it. I will use this technique again sometime...it was fun! If you want to give it a try click here for Gina's video & be prepared to have some fun!
I think I'm going to break down & get me some copics for skin tones, after I uploaded this picture to my blog her face looks so pale & needs more defined color. What colors should I buy for skin tones & cheeks? Let me know what you think, I really would like your feed back on what to do about the faces.

Inside card

Card details
CS: SU Purely Pomegranate, Pink Pirouette, Garden Green, Certainly Celery & Gina K Pure Luxury White (120 lb.)
DP: Basic Grey Euphoria paper pad (6x6)
Stamps: Gorjuss Girls, SU Curvy Verses & Hanna Stamps (HB)
Ink: SU markers (for the smackin' acetate technique), SU Purely Pomegranate classic ink pad, Prisma pencils & OMS
Accessories: Martha Stuart & SU punches, Nesties, ribbon, brads & dimensionals
Happy Stamping & thanks for stopping by today...see you all tomorrow!
12 comments:
Beautiful! I love that image & the way you finished the inside of the card.
Wow...your card is beautiful Rita! Your image is very pretty and the acetate technique is awesome... I love the the background scene! Awesome job detailing your card as well.
So sorry you had to cancel your trip to the Cape due to soggy weather. The weather in my area is soggy also.
As for skin tones while coloring with Copic's, I like E000 and E00 for the base. To add color to the cheeks, I add a little blush to that area.
Have a great day and thanks for sharing the links.
hugs
Risa:)
I loved this card so sweet, this nestabilities shapes are on my wish list I think they are great
GORGEOUS card Rita! I just love what you did ... gotta check the technique out. Your details are just so awesome!
Wow...one of your best cards evah! Love the insides too!
Wow! I really like how this techniue looks on the card! I don't know, but I liked how you colored this precious girl!
So sorry about the weather, hope it will get better next week!
Forgot to tell, I like the inside of the card too!
Your card is a cutie, Rita. I love that Gorjuss image. . she's adorable. Beautiful job with your coloring and I love that you worked on the inside of your card. Very pretty!
Maria
Love this Rita! So glad you spotted your little Award, I get totally confused with who I've emailed!!
((Lyn))
This card is So Beautiful both front and inside!!..and I love the background!!...Hugs, Ila
Such a fab card Rita!!! Love those G girls and the inside of the card is as beautiful as the top of the card!!!
Post a Comment