Wow, what a great time we had last night. I felt so important, we were in the VIP section of the stadium in the fourth row court side! Great seats!!! It was packed, so many people. It was so funny I got a phone call right after my son came down, it was from a friend of mine telling me that she was at the game & just saw my son propel from the ceiling at the game. I called her back to tell her that I was there too, we made plans to see each other at half time & chat a little, it was great seeing her again. Marc's mission was successful & we were very happy to see him on the floor & safe. The Red Sox 2007 World Series Trophy was at the stadium & we got to take pictures with it. Marc attended URI & got his engineering degree there & later on was an instructor for the ROTC program for his last 2 years in the service. While he was working there he also went for his Masters degree in business & now has a fantastic job in the private sector after leaving the Army. It was great having him close by for those years after being away for so long, I guess you can tell that we are so very proud of this young man who happens to be OUR son! We did a great job in raising both of our children & are proud of them both. They have done us proud! Here are some pictures below of last nights game. Enjoy!
Well this was a long post today, so sorry. I will have some cards for you next week, I promise. Thank you for stopping by today & spending some time with me. Take care & have a great weekend!!!
Hugs...Rita

My son Marc. Talking to Steve (daughter's future husband)to have him tape ESPN II, they were televising the game live.

Marc - talking with his former boss at URI. Marc was an instructor for the ROTC program at URI (his Alma motta)his last 2 years in the service.

OMG...that's a long way down Marc!

Here he comes, WOW!!! Great job Marc!!!

Officials taking the game ball from Marc's backpack

Smiling for the TV cameras.

Just finishing up his duties & now the ref has the game ball. Mission accomplished!

It was a sold out game & kids were camped outside the day before at 6 PM waiting in line for tickets. Every seat in the stadium was taken!

Here's Rhody...URI's Mascot

Me with the Red Sox 2007 World Series Trophy. They had the trophy upstairs at the stadium during the game so everyone could see it & take a picture with it. This was a fantastic surprise & I'm so glad I got to see it!
12 comments:
What a fantastic day you all had! You look so happy Rita! I see some great scrappin' pages here! The rodent is funny! Hugs, Deb
Wow! Rita, look at your son! He is so handsome, athletic and smart too. ;) I would say you and your husband raised him very well. I read all of his accomplishments thus far and I am very impressed. You have every right to be proud of your son and daughter,
Love the picture of you. You look awesome.
Mary
Hi Rita! Wow! This was such an exciting day for all of you! I loved all of the pics. What a handsome guy your son is, you should be proud of him! Love your pic too! You look fabulous! lots of hugs! Teri
what a fantastic memory! Glad you got all of it on tape and photographed too!
What a proud mom you must be!
Wow, what a wonderful night, you have raised two fantastic human beings.
Oh wow, Rita! You sure did a wonderful job raising your children! I bet you are proud! Your son is very handsome!
The pictures are great and thank you for sharing your wonderful story!
BTW, you look fabulous too!
Maria
Looks like it was a lot of fun, "I like basktball games here ..
Hi Rita! I'm glad I found your blog! What an awesome family you have!
umm... i'm pretty sure in basketball its a ref not an ump mom... youre thinking of baseball!!!! did uri get any homeruns too!!
Ummmmmmm! (Insert red face) I stand corrected sweetie! Your a smartie pants! Hehehe!!! I don't usually watch basketball & thats 1 sport Marc didn't really like to play, so don't know the terms.
Rita you have a beautiful family, all of you are very attractive! Thank you for sharing the pictures with us. btw....I love your jacket, I can tell that you are a very sharp dresser!
malieta:)
Wow Ms. Rita!!!! How exciting!!! Yes, you've done good girl, raising such beautiful children, with good heads on their shoulders. It must've been scary for you, being his mom and all - but I'm sure you was a proud mama too!!! Love all these photos - thanks for sharing your life with us!!
Hugs,
Jen
Post a Comment